Aug 30, 2011
Welcome Sylus Vance!
Sylus Vance was born on August 17, 2011. We welcomed him by C-Section so here are the pictures from start to finish. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am so I could be prepped for surgery. It was such a different experience than the frantic pace of the panic that surrounded Etney's birth. It was so mellow and peaceful, I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Once surgery began I was out and in recovery within the hour with a healthy baby boy in the nursery, Sylus was 6 lbs 14 oz and 19 in. The anesthesiologist is the one who took the pictures of us in the OR, he did a great job they are some of my favorite photos. The staff was awesome! After getting to my room Dusty's parents brought Etney to come see me and meet her new baby brother. She was a little nervous in the hospital room at first, but soon was so excited to hold her baby brother she had little concern for anything else. Etney was not keen to share her baby either so we had to convince her that she must share. She soon started to dictate when your turn was up and it was her turn again. She has adjusted fantastically to being a big sister. I was able to go home after 48 hours and my mom stayed the week with us to help me out. She was a fantastic help and I am glad she was around to help with the adjustment period of being home, having two kids and trying to recover from the surgery. Everything is going great and I am getting the hang of the balancing game little by little.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment